Sunday, June 8, 2014

ballad of serinity

this has been a week. my memoir is shot to pieces. I've not Been able to remember much. or i remember the wrong thing. its part of the mediciean i take and that thing called old age.
    so Monday i forgot a important doctors appointment. it was upsetting cause i have to reschedule the appointment. just a hassle. Tuesday i drooped my car keys. i did not even check my pockets. just forgot to check. that lead into my car getting  my car stolen. shock,confusion and just anger. it was not for long but it was there. all cause i forgot.  Wednesday and Thursday were just dealing with all the stuff that needs to be done.
   by Friday i was realize I'm not going to let this get me down. i keep coming back to a song. it talks about not letting anything get you down.   the ballad of sanity from firefly tv show just resonated with me this week. it calmed me down and also refocused on the important things. faith,family and friends.  the lyrics resonate from a heart that has been hurt. that has had lost. that has had pain.

Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me.

Leave the men where they lay
They'll never see another day
Lost my soul, lost my dream
You can't take the sky from me.

I feel the black reaching out
I hear its song without a doubt
I still hear and I still see
That you can't take the sky from me.

Lost my love, lost my land
Lost the last place I could stand
There's no place I can be
Since I've found Serenity

And you can't take the sky from me.

for me i understand. you can take my stuff,my dreams but you cant take my hope. my sky and the one who lives in that sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

nerd viewers